Slip & Falls
Slip and fall injuries can occur in literally any workplace. Wet floors, uneven ground, and dangerous hazards can all contribute to slip & fall accidents. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident in the workplace, you are entitled to compensation. The only complicating factor is that slip & fall accidents can be difficult to prove. Since slip & fall accidents are often caused by temporary conditions, like a wet floor, the hazard is likely to be taken care of when a worker’s compensation claim is made. This can create a grey area of accident liability. If you slip and fall in the workplace, you are going to want a skilled employment injury on your side who can help to establish proof of the cause of your injury.
How we will build your slip and fall case:
If you choose to work with the legal team at the Law Offices of Steven A. Meline, we will take the following steps to build your case:
- We will interview you about the situation that led to your slip and fall accident. We will ask about the physical environment at the time of your fall and details on how you were injured and how it has impacted your life.
- We will seek evidence. If you have a photo of the hazard that led to your fall, we will use that to prove that your company did not responsibly clean up known hazards. If you do not have a photo, we will turn to witness statements, security footage, and more.
- We will build a case against your employer. An employer is responsible for providing a safe workplace and addressing known hazards in a reasonable amount of time. We will do all we can to prove that they failed in that duty.
- We will negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies always try to low-ball injured workers. We will make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
- We will secure your compensation so that you can heal up and get your life back on track.